The Following is Based on a Standard Coin Skid Measuring 39″ x 26″x 22″
Average cost of stretch film 18″x1500′ = $15.00 per roll
Stretch film cost per foot = $.01
Average length used to wrap 1 coin skid 1 time = 120′
Cost to wrap 1 coin skid with stretch film 1 time = $1.20
Cost to wrap 1 coin skid w/ stretch film 250 times (estimated life of Wrack Wrap) = $300.00
Cost of Wrack Wrap Deluxe Coin Wrap = $59.99 *Pays for it self in 50 uses*
Total Savings = $239.99* per skid over the estimated life of Wrack Wrap
*Saving does not include labor to wrap stretch film, loss of product, or time loss to clean up damaged or spilled product, which could potentially increase further savings!
This is the amount of stretch film used to wrap a typical load of coin skids, 16 in total.
The pile is approximately 28″ tall and 3 1/2′ wide Estimate total: 18″ wide stretch film 1920 feet long.
That’s 1 & 1/3 Rolls!
Along with the $19.20 spent on the stretch film for a load of delivered coin racks the stretch film ends up in a landfill. Literately money thrown away!
Other Interesting Facts
- Each Year the United States Manufactures Enough Stretch Film to Wrap The Entire State of Texas
- Stretch Film Has A Life Expediency of One Use Then it is Discarded
- Plastics Are Petroleum Based Products Competing With Fuel, When Oil Goes Up So Does The Cost Of Plastics
- Approximately 1/3 of All Commercial Waste Consists of Packaging & A Very Small Percentage Gets Recycled
- The Average Time for Plastic Products to Bio-Degrade in Landfills is 120-240 Years
- Your Shipping/Receiving Department May Not Be Recycling That Plastic After All